Environmental Site Assessments
Phase I and Phase II Undergraduate & Graduate Courses
Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, City College of New York
Coordinator: Angelo Lampousis, Ph.D.
To stay abreast of employers’ needs and generate opportunities for CCNY’s aspiring environmental professionals, the Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences is developing strong collaborations with key industry stakeholders. These include the CCNY alumni network within the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (Region 2); the ASTM Committee E50 on Environmental Assessment, Risk Management and Corrective Action; and the company Environmental Data Resources of Milford, Connecticut, a leading US provider of environmental risk information.
Provide CCNY students a competitive edge by fitting them with the skills their industry is looking for, sparing employers much expensive and time-consuming on-the-job training. The courses also appeal to non-matriculated students, who are already in the field and find they lack adequate preparation.
- SEG Student Chapter CCNY-EAS (Click here to visit)
- American Society of Testing and Materials (www.astm.org)
- CCNY industry page (www.ccny.cuny.edu/industry)
- The Triad Resource Center (www.triadcentral.org)
- EPA’s Hazardous Waste Clean-Up Information Website (www.clu-in.org)
- Training Exchange Website (www.trainex.org)
- Brownfields and Land Revitalization Technology Support Center (www.brownfieldstsc.org)
- Technology Innovation Program (www.epa.gov/tio)
- Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (www.itrcweb.org)
- Environmental Response Training Program (Click here to visit)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency's Technical Support Project (www.epa.gov/tio/tsp)
- Federal Remediation Technologies Roundtable (www.frtr.gov)
- Green Remediation (www.clu-in.org/greenremediation)