Personal tools
You are here: Home Administration Environmental/Laboratory Safety Occupational Health and Safety

Occupational Health and Safety

Unsafe conditions should also be reported to EHS, Facilities, or Public Safety as appropriate.
Immediate Assistance for an injury can be obtained by calling public safety. If a job related, a report of that injury must be made to the Human Resource Office. Human Resources will provide the initial injury report and assist in its completion. The public safety report and the initial injury report will be made available to The EHS office for review and further Action as necessary.
The EHS office also maintains copies of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous substances used on campus. MSDS sheets are available to all employees whose job-related activities may require them to handle these materials. Concerns regarding asbestos-containing materials, lead-based paint, indoor air quality, and other related safety questions should also be referred to the EHS Office. MSDS station is also located in locations in the custodial and physical plant areas. In addition to the MSDS available in laboratories additional MSDS stations are available in the Marshak upper floors.