Professor of Physics
Email: koplik [ AT ] sci [ DOT ] ccny [ DOT ] cuny [ DOT ] eduOffice Phone: (212) 650-8162
- (B.S., 1969, Physics) The Cooper Union;
- (Ph.D., 1974, Physics) University of California at Berkeley.
- Molecular dynamics of wetting phenomena, non-Newtonian fluids, and nanoscale flows
- Fluid flow and transport phenomena in geological porous media
- Vortex dynamics in superfluidity
Department of Energy (DOE) and National Science Foundation (NSF)
Current Postdoctoral Associates and Subjects of Research:
- Tak Shing Lo
Current Graduate Students under Supervision and Subjects of Research:
- Weikang Chen
- Nima Sharifi Mood
- Rui Zhang
- Multiscale molecular simulation of Argon vapor condensation onto a cooled substrate with bulk flow, Phys. Fluids 22, 112002 (2010), with K. Gu and C. B. Watkins.
- Nanoscale simulations of directional locking, Phys. Fluids 22, 052005 (2010), with G. Drazer.
- Transport and sedimentation of suspended particles in inertial pressure-driven flow, Phys. Fluids 21, 013301 (2009), with Y. Yan.
- Molecular dynamics study of the motion of a nanodroplet of pure liquid on a wetting gradient, J. Chem. Phys. 129, 164708 (2008), with J. Halverson, A. Couzis and C. Maldarelli.
- Vortex locking in direct numerical simulations of superfluid turbulence, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 015301 (2008), with K. Morris and D. Rouson.
- Dynamical clustering of counterions on flexible polyelectrolytes, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 128301 (2008), with T.-S. Lo and B. Khusid.
- Shear flow pumping in open microfluidic systems, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 224504 (2007), with M. Rauscher and S. Dietrich.
- Interaction of two particles in confined linear shear flow at finite Reynolds number, Phys. Fluids 19, 11330 (2007), with Y. Yan and J. F. Morris.